d at a ridiculous rate, i

General chat anything and everything
yyys123

d at a ridiculous rate, i

Post by yyys123 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:50 am

GLENDALE, Ariz. - The Arizona Cardinals under coach Bruce Arians do not play it safe.When most teams would have just thrown for the necessary yards to get a first down, the Cardinals went for it all — and got it.Rookie John Brown, a third-round draft pick from little Pittsburg State, gathered in a 75-yard touchdown pass from Carson Palmer with 1:21 to play to give the Cardinals a 24-20 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday in a matchup of two of the NFLs four remaining one-loss teams.When its time to step up, thats what you have to do, Brown said. They had a safety on me, so when they put him on me, all I had to do was run past him.The speedy Brown had wowed the Cardinals since he first stepped on the practice field.Im not surprised, Palmer said. Nothings too big for him.The Cardinals (6-1), off to their best start in 40 years, had a goal-line stand that forced the Eagles (5-2) to settle for a 20-yard field goal that put Philadelphia up 20-17 with 1:56 left.Philadelphia coach Chip Kelly thought about going for the touchdown, but decided to put the game in his defences hands.I thought our defence was playing really, really well, he said. I had confidence in them and told them we were kicking the field goal because I had confidence in them.Then on third-and-5, Palmer — who also had an 80-yard TD pass to Larry Fitzgerald — saw something at the line of scrimmage that led him to give Brown a signal to change his route.The quarterback lofted the ball deep, where the speedy Brown caught it and crossed the goal line just as he was being tackled.Arians called it a Willie Mays catch.We had three guys at 8 yards for first downs, but when theres a touchdown involved in the play, never pass it up, he said. Dont play scared, play smart.Safety Nate Allen took the blame.That ones on me, he said.The Eagles drove to the Arizona 16. On the last play of the game, Jordan Matthews caught a pass from Nick Foles in the end zone but landed out of bounds.Foles and Matthews each tried to take the blame.Jordan came down with a great catch, Foles said, but Ive got to make sure I keep him inbounds.Matthews said: I had to come down with it and get both feet in for my team. End of the day, Nick gave me a chance and I need to make a play for the team.Foles completed 26 of 62 passes for 411 yards and two touchdowns, both to Jeremy Maclin, but was intercepted twice by Antonio Cromartie, the second one setting up Chandler Catanzaros 28-yard field goal that tied it at 17-17 with 9:02 to play.Cody Parkey also kicked a 54-yarder, the longest field goal by an Eagle since 2003.Catanzaro set an NFL rookie record by beginning his career with 16 consecutive field goals.Maclin caught 12 passes for 187 yards, including touchdowns of 21 and 54 yards. Fitzgerald caught seven for 160, Brown five for 119.Palmer finished 20 of 42 for 329 yards and two scores with no interceptions.Philadelphia had a first down at its 46 when Foles hit Maclin in stride in the end zone, beating defender Jerraud Powers, for a 54-yard touchdown that put the Eagles up 17-14 with 2:22 left in the third quarter.Arizona had taken the lead on the third play of the second half, when Fitzgerald broke free on a slant route, took the pass and outran the Eagles secondary 80 yards for the score that put the Cardinals up 14-7 just 53 seconds into the second half.Fitzgerald, who got his 37th career 100-yard receiving game, surpassed his career-long catch of 78 yards set in 2008.Turnovers ruined two second-quarter Eagles scoring threats.Philadelphia had it at the Arizona 19 when Foles threw short to Josh Huff, who raced toward the end zone. But Frostee Rucker knocked the ball loose from behind and Arizonas Deone Bucannon recovered at the Cardinals 2-yard line.Peterson left the game in the second quarter with a possible concussion after teammate Bucannon hit Maclin, knocking the Philadelphia receivers helmet into Petersons. Maclin also was evaluated for a concussion after the play but returned to the game a short time later.NOTES: The Eagles were penalized 11 times for 103 yards, the Cardinals 10 times for 95 yards. ... Arizona RB Stepfan Taylor in the third quarter with a calf injury. ... The Cardinals lost a fumble for only the fourth time this season. ... Cromartie had his second career two-interception day. ... Foles has 12 TD passes and nine interceptions this season. ... Arizona did not throw an interception for the sixth time in seven games. ... The Eagles (110 yards) were the first team to rush for more than 100 yards against Arizona.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Air Max 180 Canada . Every once in awhile, it seems like life lets dreams become real - and that is a gift. Nike Air Max Plus Canada Sale . The 23-year-old McNabb was an All-Star with the American Hockey Leagues Rochester Americans this season, posting seven goals and 22 assists in 38 games. In 12 games with the Sabres this season, McNabb has accumulated six penalty minutes and a plus-1 rating. He has scored one goal and seven assists in 37 career games with the Sabres, who originally selected him in the third round (66th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. http://www.clearanceairmaxcanada.com/ai ... -sale.html . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. Nike Air Max Outlet Canada .J. -- Omar Cummings helped the Houston Dynamo advance to the MLS Eastern Conference finals. Nike Air Max Clearance Canada . The start of the seasons fifth and final major was delayed two hours due to heavy rain in the area. The tournament eventually began, but with water on the greens and the rain persisting, players were called back to the clubhouse less than an hour after the first group teed off.Each week, TSN.ca Fantasy Editor Scott Cullen, NFL Editor Ben Fisher, and Isaac Owusu discuss three hot fantasy football topics. How good could Josh Gordon be matched with a competent quarterback? Cullen: Considering how well Gordon is playing with mediocre quarterbacks, its not unreasonable to think that he would be the most productive receiver in football if given a top-tier starting quarterback but, the truth is, Gordon is not that far off as it is. Gordon is already averaging a league-leading 124.9 receiving yards per game and his 19.5 yards per catch ranks second only to the Saints Kenny Stills (20.6), who is strictly a deep threat. Gordon catches a higher percentage of his targets (64 of 113 – 56.6%) than Detroits Calvin Johnson (72 for 132 – 54.5%), who holds the title as the leagues best wide receiver now so the only thing that would really work in his favour with a better quarterback might be more opportunities to score. Fisher: Gordon is the second-leading fantasy receiver despite missing the first two games to injury so theres not much room for improvement. The former second round supplemental pick gets thrown to a lot in Cleveland; with a better QB comes also a better offence so Gordon could conceivably see his targets decrease, but that better offence would also lend to more scoring opportunities. Ill stop short of putting Gordon on Megatrons level just yet, but teams are definitely kicking themselves for not pulling the trigger when the Browns made Gordon available earlier this season. The guy is a stud regardless of whos throwing him the ball Owusu: Without question, Josh Gordon has moved himself into high WR1 status. His fortune has come simply by being the only dependable option in an offense that has no choice but to throw the ball. Going into next season Gordon will be viewed as what Brandon Marshall, Julio Jones and A.J Green were heading into this year, another party in the battle for who will be the second best receiver in fantasy, behind Calvin Johnson, who is in a tier of his own. Considering that the Browns best RB option is either probably Chris Ogbonnaya or Willis McGahee, and the team has had three barely average quarterbacks passing Gordon the ball with all the defensive attention placed on him, he has played out of his mind. Like a true WR1, Gordon is matchup-proof a target machine. If the Browns can pair him up with a decent passer on a full-time basis Gordon should be the second WR drafted next year in fantasy based on the fact that there really just isnt a major weapon in that offense that could bite into his production like Marshall, Jones and Green have to deal with. Can Nick Foles be a future Top 5 fantasy QB? Cullen: Top five is too high for me. For one thing, hes not going to forever throw touchdown passes without ever throwing an interception, but if we presume that Foles becomes more comfortable with more reps as the Eagles starter, I can buy him as a consistent fantasy starter. Maybe, as the older guys – Manning, Brady, Brees (even Romo and Roethlisberger too) – either slow down or move on, maybe Foles could creep into the Top Five at that point, but I guess you could say that I like, instead of love, Foles. Fisher: Foles average numbers this season would have him ranked among the best fantasy QBs this season and hes being mentioned as finalist for Peyton p;Mannings MVP award this year.dddddddddddd His numbers suggest hes a Top 5 at least, but can he be trusted to continue putting up these numbers on a consistent basis? I dont think Foles will be susceptible to the same “sophomore slump” as other second-year starters because theres nothing too revolutionary about his game that defences will eventually adjust to. Still, theres a few too many QBs I trust more than Foles (Manning, Brady, Rodgers…) to make him a Top 5 right away. Id be comfortable picking him as a QB1 next year however. Owusu: Yes! It appears that Nick Foles has finally gained that vote of confidence from head coach Chip Kelly, and that goes a long way. Foles plays in an offence that is spoiled with riches: tons of weapons, a dangerous running back an aggressive coach, and they play in the NFC East! the perfect recipe for quarterbacking success. Since taking over as Philadelphia Eagles starter, Foles has launched the ball vertically downfield at a ridiculous rate, in fact hes tied for second with Drew Brees in 40 yard pass completions with 11, only behind Peyton Mannings 12. Its all crazy considering that Foles only has 6 starts this season and zero interceptions. Foles consistency and grasp of the Eagles offence makes it apparent that hes poised to join the tier of top 5 fantasy QBs consisting of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Which rookie runner have you been more impressed by: Eddie Lacy or LeVeon Bell? Cullen: Im going with Lacy, though Aaron Rodgers recent absence shows just how much respect for the Packers passing game helped Lacy churn out yards earlier in the year. Generally, Ive been a little down on Bell because he averages only 3.3 yards per carry, but he augments his rushing totals with some decent receiving numbers (33 REC, 319 YDS). Some of that is obviously due to a subpar Pittsburgh offensive line and the circumstances surrounding each back makes it a closer call, but I still side with Lacy. Fisher: This is a tossup. Lacy and Bell have near identical average numbers in both scores and total yards. Lacy has averaged more yards on the ground but Bell makes up for it through the air. But while the two are near identical now I think Bell will finish the season with the better average numbers. Lacy will struggle along with the rest of the Packers offence while Aaron Rodgers recovers from his shoulder injury and Bell is the slightly better option in PPR leagues. Owusu: Its been fairly close, but between the two of them Lacy has showed that he is the guy youd want to have as your RB1 in all formats. Bell is solid and does contribute in the Steelers offense but his role on his team is not as prominent as Lacys. Its been clear all season that Mike McCarthy wants to ease the workload from Aaron Rodgers, (or whoever else is tossing the ball around for Green Bay) and Lacy has responded well to the call. Consistency and usage are what make an RB1 valuable, and for Lacy, in 7/11 games that he played, hes amassed at least 20+ rush attempts, while Bell only has 2/9 games where hes actually gone for over 20+ carries. Lacy also already has three 100-yard rushing games, to Bells zero. Both RBs have been steady with their production but Lacy has shown that the design of the Packers offense has called for more production out of him and he has delivered. ' ' ' Munenori Kawasaki and Steve Tolleson platoon at second base is less than desirable but may be required under the circumstances. At the moment, the Jays dont have a true fourth outfielder and would be well served to offset the disabling of Lawrie by recalling either Anthony Gose or Kevin Pillar. These are trying times for a club that only three weeks ago was the toast of baseball. "The bottom line is on this road trip we didnt pitch good enough other than a couple of days, we didnt hit enough and our defence was shoddy," said manager John Gibbons. "So, you know what? You get what you deserve and thats what we got on this road trip." ' ' '